Position Description: The Gore Park Promenade Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the successful daily execution of the Gore Park Summer Promenade, a 14-week festival providing lunchtime entertainment & activities in Gore Park. This position will work closely with full-time BIA staff while also supervising high school summer ambassadors. The position involves working predominantly outdoors in various weather conditions.
– Must be a post-secondary student returning to school in September.
– Assist in planning and marketing the Gore Park Promenade, a weekly four-day event in Gore Park as part of a joint initiative with the City of Hamilton to create a more “pedestrian friendly” and safer Downtown Hamilton. The project includes a series of programmable features in Gore Park such as entertainment, large scale games, etc.
– The program will run Tuesday to Friday every week from May 28 to August 30 from 11 am to 4:00 pm.
– Work with any outdoor vendors to schedule, set up and tear down booths. Co-ordinate set up with food trucks/vendors.
– Work with Downtown Ambassadors to assist with the above program helping to load and unload vendors, bands into the park, set up the park daily.
– Co-ordinate scheduling of tasks for Downtown Ambassadors including developing and monitoring a graffiti removal plan.
– Promoting daily performances and events on social media
– Additional event/administrative duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or Executive Director.
Please send cover letter and resume referencing this position to Suzi Ozer, Downtown Hamilton BIA, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline is Monday, May 6, 2018. The start date for this position would be May 13, 2018.