Attention: Investors and Existing Property Owners
- The City of Hamilton has initiated a number of grant and loan programs that are available to property owners to rehabilitate their building and assist in the revitalization efforts in downtown Hamilton.
- Enterprize Zone Municipal Realty Tax Incentive Grant Program for the development or rehabilitation of residential and/or commercial land and buildings within the Downtown Hamilton Community Improvement Project Area.
- Hamilton Downtown Residential Loan Program for the development of new residential units, renovations to existing residential units, and conversion of existing commercial space into residential units.
- Main Street Housing Loan and Grant Program for converting existing built commercial space into residential units, renovations to existing residential units or construction of new units as well as assistance with costs of creating new residential units on vacant land.
- Downtown Hamilton Heritage Property Grant Program to provide financial assistance for structural/stability work to conserve and restore heritage features of properties.
- Commercial Property Improvement Grant Program for façade improvements which could include storefront improvements, lighting, awnings, brick repairs, painting and facade treatments. A new ARTS component has been added to support the King William Art Walk for commercial property owners that front onto King William Street between James North and Ferguson Avenue.
NEW – No deadlines are applied for applications