It can be hard to keep track of the rapidly changing COVID-19 information & restrictions for businesses – find the details you’re looking for below.
- Increasing social gathering limits to 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors
- Increasing organized public event limits to 50 people indoors, with no limit outdoors
- Removing capacity limits in the following indoor public settings where proof of vaccination is required:
- Restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments without dance facilities,
- Non-spectator areas of sports and recreational fitness facilities, including gyms,
- Meeting and event spaces,
- Casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments,
- Indoor areas of settings that choose to opt-in to proof of vaccination requirements.
- Allowing 50 per cent of the usual seating capacity at sports arenas, concert venues and theatres
- Increasing indoor capacity limits to 25 per cent in the remaining higher-risk settings where proof of vaccination is required, including nightclubs, restaurants where there is dancing, as well as bathhouses and sex clubs.
- restaurants and bars
- indoor meeting and event spaces
- indoor concert venues, theatres and cinemas
- personal care services (hair or body)
- retailers (non-grocery, less than 50,000 sq ft)
- small grocery stores (less than 5,000 sq ft)
- gyms and other indoor sports and recreational facilities
- Were ordered to close indoor operations by the move to the modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen on January 5, 2022.
- Have less than 100 employees at the enterprise level; and
- Can be expected to experience a revenue decline as a result of the restrictions.
For information on requirements from the City of Hamilton click here. For the City’s general COVID-19 page click here. Still have questions as a business owner? The City’s dedicated Public Health number for the business community only is 905-974-9848 option 4.
The Province also requires that every business has a COVID-19 Workplace Safety
Plan. For details & to download the template click here. Guidance from the City of Hamilton on creating a COVID Safety Plan can be found here. The City’s COVID-19 Screening Guide can be found here.
Businesses can contact the Province’s Stop The Spread Helpline for questions on the lockdown or support programs at 1-888-444-3659, open 7 days a week.
Additional Information & Resources for Businesses
All grants and financial support available for businesses can be viewed here.
The Hamilton COVID Concierge for Business is a one-stop online resource centre and phone line dedicated to supporting Hamilton businesses with their COVID-19 business questions and concerns. Hamilton businesses can call the COVID Concierge at 905-521-3989 (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm) or contact them online. Learn more at hamiltoncovidconcierge.ca
The Hamilton COVID Concierge for Business is brought to you by the Hamilton COVID Concierge Team, comprised of the City of Hamilton and the three local Chambers of Commerce.
For general COVID-19 information from the Federal Government including case numbers, travel restrictions, symptoms, and more click here.
For information from the Federal Government on transitioning from CERB to new benefits please click here. To find information on all Government programs available in response to COVID-19 for individuals AND businesses, including the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) click here.
For all resources available from the Province to help small businesses in Ontario click here.
Personal Protective Equipment
Support our local businesses offering back to work solutions: