The Downtown Hamilton BIA is currently hiring for two, full-time Gore Park Summer Promenade Special Events Program Planner positions, at 35 hours per week.
The Downtown Hamilton Business Improvement Area (BIA) exists to improve a geographically designated area and advocate for the businesses within this area. BIAs exist across not only the province but nationally and internationally as well. The Downtown Hamilton BIA’s main goal is to promote the area, advocate for business members, and make downtown attractive in as many ways as possible. This includes initiatives such as large-scale events, graffiti removal programs, and being a central source of information for business resources.
The Gore Park Summer Promenade Special Events Program Planner is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the Gore Park Summer Promenade, a 15-week music festival that provides entertainment and activities in Gore Park. Those in this position will work closely with full-time BIA staff to ensure the setup, management and teardown of this event. This position involves working predominantly outdoors in various weather conditions. Aside from helping to manage the Gore Park Summer Promenade, this position also involves graffiti removal throughout the downtown core and administrative work in the BIA office.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- Must be comfortable with working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be comfortable with lifting up to 50 lbs
- Possess the skills and confidence to act as an event leader
- Lead the implementation and assist in the marketing of the Gore Park Summer Promenade, a weekly one-day event in Gore Park
- The event includes programmable features such as entertainment, large-scale games and tables and chairs. The program will run every Thursday from May 25 to August 31, from 12 to 6 pm. There will be a musical performance from 12 to 2 pm, a community activation from 2 to 4 pm and a final musical performance from 4 to 6 pm.
- Set up and tear down event staging, tents, seating, games, etc. Work with any outdoor vendors or activation companies to set up and tear down their booths if necessary
- Assist sound technician with set up and tear down of equipment for each performance
- Promote performances and events on social media
- Co-ordinate scheduling and implementation of graffiti removal plan. Participate in cleanup and graffiti removal tasks
- Participate in additional event/administrative duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or Executive Director
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
If you feel this position would be a good fit for you, please submit cover letter and resume to Emily Gilruth, Operations Manager via email to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 10 at 8 pm.